The Most Important Life Lessons I Learned During The Past 10 Years

Everyday that comes signifies another unique opportunity to grow and learn something. Over the past years, I found myself in the midst of different circumstances that eventually lead me into a realization about many things in life. These somehow helped me become a better person as I journey towards the goals I set for myself.


1. Find your passion and you will find courage
I struggle with this myself like everybody else. I made decisions in my life without considering what I like and I ended up feeling empty and discouraged when things go south. What I came to know is that when I focus on understanding myself and what my heart truly wants, the direction becomes more clear. Whether I fail or I succeed, it doesn't matter because I know within me that I am fulfilled with what I am doing. I would rather fail in something I love and feel satisfied, than succeed in what I don't love and feel empty.


2. A happy life is built on great relationships
We were once told that in order to be happy, we need to money, a great career, great stuff and great adventures.  That is not actually true.  Experience is the best teacher they say, but learning from the experience of others is a lot better than having to go through the experience with you.  I know people who are rich and had great careers but are not happy as others who live with less. Why? Because they compromised their relationship with their loved ones with other priorities such as work. According to the Harvard Study of Adult Development, they found out that most happily partnered men and women reported, in their 80s, who on the days when they had more physical sense, their mood stayed just as happy.  But the people who were in unhappy relationships, on the days when they reported more physical pain, it was magnified by more emotional pain.




3. "Sometimes we win sometimes we learn"
This is one of the most memorable lesson is got from my boss and mentor.  It is all about taking away failure as a possibility.  No matter what we do, we think of it as either a success or a lesson.  It is true because in real life, we learn significant lessons even when we fail.  Failures teaches us to be better in what we do so that the mistake will not happen again.  As a result, we grow, we develop new habits, we build courage and we become more confident of ourselves


4. Life is too short to feel bad about petty things
I am a person who has very little patience; I get frustrated and pissed of with so many things.  But then when I realized how short life really is, I began to change my perspective.  Instead of focusing my mind on the bad things that happen, I would rather look at the other side. It is only a matter of perspective.  If I choose to   look at the brighter side, then surely there is a brighter side to whatever predicament I am into.

5.  A problem without a solution is a situation
We have to understand that we are no superhuman.  There are things in life that we really could not do anything about.  The problem is that when we are in challenges, we are so much confident in ourselves that we can do something about it.  And after we fail to address it, that is the time we become stressed, depressed and problematic.  Relax!  Learn to let go and let God!  Have peace in your mind that when you can do anything about it anymore, let it go.  Its no longer a problem, but a situation.  Situations do not have solutions,  you only have to live with it.

6. "Success without God is the most miserable failure"
I learned this from my good friend and a brother in Christ Dr.  Rene H. Francisco.  Why is it so important to always walk with God?  Matthew 16:26 states the very reason we should not disregard our walk with God.  It is much more important than anything in this world.  We were created by God to walk with Him.  Our life purpose is to make God the center of everything.  in that way we are bringing glory to His name.




No comments:

Post a Comment